- The next phase is data gathering. We typically provide you and your CPA and/or other advisors with a detailed "Information Request List" of items that will be needed in order for us to perform the analysis and appraisal of your business.
Some examples of data that will be requested include:
- Marketing brochures and informatoin on the company's services and products.
- Resumes of managment.
- Information on the number of shareholders and their percentage ownership
- Details on prior transactions in the company's shares or ownership units such as:
- A copy of the "Buy-Sell Agreement" or other shareholder agreements
- History of dividends or distributions paid
- A history of the business
- Information on subsidiaries and investments
- Information on property and equipment owned by the business
- Copies of the past five years of financial statements and tax returns of the business
- Interim financial statements
- Copies of any forecasts or projections
- Information from prior appraisals, if any
- Information on officer's and director's compensation for the past five years
- Copies of legal documents, including Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws, "Buy-Sell agreements" or other shareholder agreements.
- Informatoin on intangible assets, such as patents, copyrights, trademarks and technological innovations